PART 1: HOW TO FIGHT POVERTY
1. How to Break the Cycle of Poverty
2. Researching In-Demand Jobs
3. Networking: Talking About Jobs
4. Skills in the Workplace
5. Certified Financial Planners
6. Do Your Kids Need Bachelors Degrees?
7. Give to the Poor!
8. Teaching About Personal Finance
9. Avoid Debt At All Costs
10. FAFSA Grants and Scholarships
PART 2: THE BIBLE AND CAPITALISM
Capitalism is the opposite of Socialism and Communism; it is the opposite of government-controlled business. America is a Capitalist country; and the stock market is an utterly Capitalistic expression: massive investment in privately-owned corporations.
1. Work, Save, and Invest!
2. Deuteronomy 8: Biblical Capitalism
3. Proverbs 31: The Work-at-Home Mom
4. How to Be a Cautious Investor
5. Retirement Planning
6. Biblical Warnings About Wealth
7. Thank God and Kill Your Pride!
8. Be Fruitful and Multiply
9. Do You Need a Dream Home?
10. The Simple Life
PART 3: LAST THOUGHTS
1. Rebukes to the “Prosperity” Gospel
2. Broke?: Government Aid and Charities
3. The Husband-Wife Relationship
4. Parent-Child Relationships
5. Christian Friendships
P. T. Bauer’s Dissent on Development.
David Chilton’s Productive Christians.
Dave Ramsey’s The Total Money Makeover.
David Bach’s The Automatic Millionaire.
Thomas Stanley and William Danko’s The Millionaire Next Door.
Gary North, William Diehl, Art Gish in Wealth and Poverty: Four Christian Views.
Gary North’s An Introduction to Christian Economics.
Craig Blomberg’s Neither Poverty nor Riches.
Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol.
John Taylor’s Enough is Enough. (simple life; limited consumerism; anti-materialism).