Based on some of the arguments against Christian rock, metal, and punk in Set The Trumpet to Thy Mouth, ch. 4: “The Music of Devils in God’s House.”
He argues the following reasons against Christian rock, which borrows these bad influences from secular, non-Christian rock:
1. Playing in bars and clubs with drunkards, cussers, and fornicators.
2. 3rd rate rock musicians just using the name of Jesus to sell in CCM.
3. Being a “rock star” is idolatry.
4. Rock ‘n Roll dancing at concerts is carnal and sexually immoral.
5. Addiction to Christian rock.
6. Vanity (self-centeredness) – weird punk hairstyles, etc.
7. Non-judgmentalism / cheap grace / easy-believism / antinomianism.
8. Hypocrisy / lying / absence of holiness in Christian rock musicians.