Based on about 4 or 5 articles written by church planters who failed, and who took the time to share the reasons why they believe they failed; I have listed below the common denominators between them.
1. The pastor is not prophetically guided; he is just a copycat.
2. The pastor lacks financial independence; and so, he compromises with Jezebel spirits/big givers.
3. The pastor didn’t form the church into a theologically united community that loves each other.
4. The pastor, if at one time prophetically guided, comes to compromise the original vision of the church.
5. The pastor was arrogant and unteachable.
6. The pastor was a quitter.