Background. Every evening, I’ve been reading St. Teresa of Avila’s Autobiography translated by J. M. Cohen; so far I’ve read chs. 1-10 (but skipping chs. 11-22, which are teachings on prayer); and I’ve read chs. 23-25. Two nights ago I read ch. 25.
1. At 8pm, I postured myself for contemplation in the following manner. I put two pillows up against the wall at the head of my bed. I wrapped the comforter snugly around my body; for my legs, I had two pillows, and some other comforters neatly folded, and equal in size to the pillows to pad my knees which were cross-legged; I was wearing a hoodie sweatshirt; and soundproof earmuffs.
2. I closed my eyes and began to concentrate on Jesus (Heb. 12:2). There was some level of discomfort where the earmuffs met my head, and my neck was a little disjointed; also, my lower back was a bit strained. My thoughts were getting distracted, so I prayed, “Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: I come to You through Jesus Christ…Please forgive me through the blood of Jesus for [a certain sin of the heart], I pray that you will cast it out of me, and fill me with Your Holy Spirit. Also, I pray for divine favors, graces, and consolations; so I can be given wisdom and guidance–and be encouraged in my faith in You.”
3. About 30 seconds after I prayed these words, sitting still and concentrating my mind on Christ with my eyes closed–a blanket of the comforting heat of the Holy Spirit came and rest on my belly, chest, and arms (which were resting on my legs)! “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You” (Isaiah 26:3). Perfect peace! Perfect comfort! It was EASY TO CONTEMPLATE JESUS. It was a light kind of ecstasy; I had no more discomfort as I did when I started. I continued in this Holy Spirit blissful heat state, easily, totally concentrated on Jesus, for about 5 minutes! It was AWESOME! The Holy Spirit had come and just blanketed me with a comforting, consoling heat; and my mind was totally locked on Jesus.
4. I began to ask God questions about various things; and the voice of the Holy Spirit responded immediately with a quick and wise sentence! The Spirit of Wisdom.
5. After the Holy Spirit baptism wore off, I was totally refreshed and empowered.
6. THEN I HEALED MY DAUGHTER’S FEVER. We all praised Jesus!