Although we don’t belong to any denomination, we do want people to know that we identify theologically with the early Methodists –> Holiness Churches –> Church of the Nazarene / Assemblies of God / Church of God (Cleveland, TN) / Church of Christ / International Foursquare / Calvary Chapel / Vineyard Churches. These denominations are, for the most part, influenced by Arminian thinking (cooperation of the Holy Spirit with free will), holy living by God’s commandments, revivalism, Pentecostalism, and miraculous gifts such as prophecy and divine healing.
This is not to say that we don’t respect other branches of Christianity. We believe that all who truly profess faith in Christ and try to live by His Word with God’s help–are members of the Body of Christ: even those within the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches. There is a lot of spiritual wisdom in many of the other branches, such as the Moravians, Lutherans, Congregational, and early Quakers. Not to mention the Baptists and the Church of God in Christ (C.O.G.I.C.). And, although I naturally don’t like Reformed theology so far as it encourages antinomianism (sometimes), I respect the Anabaptists for their congregational church meetings, in keeping with 1 Corinthians 14:26, and their upholding of the priesthood of all believers. The Christian and Missionary Alliance is also to be praised, for their connection with the Catholic mystics of the past, and their practice of divine healing.
- Brunstad Christian Church – small; based in Norway; Wesleyan; not Charismatic
- Christian and Missionary Alliance – medium-size; Tozer, Ravenhill, Zacharias, Graham; cautiously Charismatic; some personal revelations about it
- Christ’s Sanctified Holy Church – small; KJV-only; fundamentalist Wesleyans
- Church of Christ (Holiness) U.S.A. – very small; holiness; Wesleyan; Charismatic!
- Church of Daniel’s Band – very small; radical fundamentalist Methodism
- Church of God (Anderson, Indiana) – large; not Charismatic (anti-tongues); Wesleyan; pacifist
- Church of God (Holiness) – small; not Charismatic; Wesleyan
- Church of the Nazarene – large; Wesleyan; liberalism; postmodernism; theistic evolution
- Churches of Christ in Christian Union – small; Wesleyan; not Charismatic
- Evangelical Methodist Church – small; Wesleyan; conservative Evangelical; not Charismatic
- Free Methodist Church – medium-size; Kenneth Collins recommends; faithful to Wesley; Evangelical; cautiously Charismatic; saw angel sparkle when reading Wesley on Salvation which mentions this church
- The Salvation Army – large; Wesleyan; not Charismatic; social justice (the poor); cheerleaders?
- Wesleyan Church – medium-size; cautiously Charismatic; Evangelical (soteriology!)
- Wesleyan Methodist Church (Allegheny Conference) – small; not Charismatic; fundamentalist
- World Gospel Mission – medium-size; Wesleyan missionary society; not Charismatic
- Wesleyan Holiness Alliance (Bartlesville, Oklahoma) – ?
- Original Church of God or Sanctified Church – small; Wesleyan; not Charismatic